CYPRUS - INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY REGIME
An ideal location for Intellectual Property
Cypriot authorities have created its own Intellectual Property (IP) regime in order to attract foreign
investments and strengthen the Cypriot economy. The “IP-box” or “patent-box” has become one of the
most attractive solutions offered for investors deriving income from the IP.
It is crucial factor to be considered for companies who are “rich” in IP as in many cases IPs are the
most valuable assets of the company. Therefore it is important to choose the right location for the
Intellectual Property in order to optimize the tax costs and protect the property.
Cyprus has now one of the most favorable IP regimes in the world imposing only 2.5% - 0.0%
effective rate of tax on profits derived from IP-related structures (depending on the structure of
expenses). This incentive, together with other benefits that Cyprus offers, makes the island the top
- All Law Publications
- The Republic of Cyprus Overview 2010
- Granting Cypriot/European Citizenship
- Residency and Employment to Cyprus for No-eu nationals
- Aspects Of Corporate Law and Insolvency Within the European Community
- Residency in Cyprus
- Trademarks: Out-sourcing manufacturing of goods
- Can Non-Traditional signs, such as colours, scents and sounds be protected?
- Minority Shareholders: Applicability Of unfair Prejudice
- m.shambartas- Antimoney Laundering Procedures