CYPRUS – OVERWIEV OF THE JURISDICTION
General infomation about Cyprus the Cyprus company and the Cyprus tax benefits
The country is located in the Eastern part of the Mediterranean Sea and has a population of
approximately 800 000 people. The official languages are Greek and Turkish, however in practice
English is the most common language used in business and daily life. Although the island is relatively
small, it has excellent infrastructure.
Cyprus is a member of European Union and Eurozone. It is an international financial center and low
tax jurisdiction with one of the most attractive legal and tax system in the European Union and
The legal system is very stable, based on English common law. Low taxation is the key attribute of the
economy, inviting investors from all-over the world. There are no Transfer Pricing, Thin Capitalization
and no CFC rules, which makes the jurisdiction even more attractive in international tax planning.
- All Law Publications
- The Republic of Cyprus Overview 2010
- Granting Cypriot/European Citizenship
- Residency and Employment to Cyprus for No-eu nationals
- Aspects Of Corporate Law and Insolvency Within the European Community
- Residency in Cyprus
- Trademarks: Out-sourcing manufacturing of goods
- Can Non-Traditional signs, such as colours, scents and sounds be protected?
- Minority Shareholders: Applicability Of unfair Prejudice
- m.shambartas- Antimoney Laundering Procedures